Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review for FP 06/015 - My Brother's Keeper



12-year old Philip Callas wishes his pesky 6-year old brother, Dean would disappear. But when he sends him home from baseball practice, his wish almost comes true.  

I kinda like this episode. When I first listened to this on broadcast, I stopped in the middle because I was scared of what would happen when Philip's wish comes true. When I bought this with the other Family Portraits episodes, I wasn't that scared anymore, and I enjoyed the episode. It's very dramatic, and it teaches about sibling rivalry. A lesson I needed to learn. But it was less powerful than Wishful Thinking, which teaches the same thing. I never heard the end of the Adventures In Odyssey version of My Brother's Keeper (with Chris in it) and in Wishful Thinking, I actually learned this lesson, that God actually put your younger sibling in your life to love and help you.  This episode doesn't say that. (No offense, Focus on the Family) But that doesn't make the episode bad, I still liked it! And I think you'll like it too! Not only was this the 6th Family Portrait, but the 15th episode of Adventures In Odyssey

You can find this episode in -1 Family Portraits and 00 The Lost Episodes

My rating - 64%

No comments:

Post a Comment